Skip to main content

Whose Money Is It?


I’ve completed the first of what I hope to be several financial money management books; Whose Money Is It?  In this book, what I tried to accomplish was identify some of the reasons we have trouble with managing money.  Instead of focusing on the obvious: the economy, job loss, unexpected expenses etc, I turned my attention inward.  To the individual, and the causes of our misstep in finances.  Isn’t it funny how we have money to do the things we want to do, but when it comes to tithing or paying bills, we’re broke.  No money to be found.  I see men and women wearing designer items, but are deep in debt, and have nothing left over for God.  The thing is, God doesn’t want our left overs.  He wants our first, our hearts, our minds, our focus.  God wants all of us, period.  But, we have other ideas, don’t we?

In my book, I explore the areas of our heart, our focus, our idols, yes we do have idols.  The car, or house, or job, or positions.  Biblically speaking, anything that take our attention, or focus off God, can be considered an idol.  I also talk about greed, and treasures.   I hope to engage thoughts about how we view our finances.  Exactly how do we really feel about our stuff? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name Recognition - Branding

When you think of the Catholic Church, what comes to mind? The Vatican, the Pope, Nuns, Priests, Rome? It dawned on me not so very long ago, that when people say they are a Christian, the meaning could be almost anything, and have nothing to do with Christ.   The reason I bring this point up is, my hearts desire is to see the Body of Christ united, strong, and economically empowered, and ministry's funded, mission work done and the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to all the ends of the earth.       I know, but they are soooo cute!!! Have you ever seen shoe salesmen begging for you to come in and by the latest pair of Prada shoes? Of course not!   How about that $750.00 Coach bag, (at the outlet stores)? Men, just why do you have to have those $916.00 rims? Does it really make the car drive better?   How much for those Stacy Adams shoes, yes, men love to shop for the best too! If not Stacy Adams, what about Tommy Hilfiger? The point I want to make...

Money and Anger

John 2:13-17 (NIV) - 13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money . 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts , both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables . 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market !” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” Some people use these verses to justify their anger at one thing or another.   In some cases, it’s used correctly, as it was intended, but in other cases, it’s not.   I’d like to take a stab at how we should think about these verses, and in what context.    Verse 17 gives us a clue, the reference made “Zeal for your house will consume me” comes from Psalms 69:9.   The rest of t...